10 Silverware Organizers for In and Out of the Drawer
In an ideal kitchen, you have plenty of space to store all your utensils, containers, pots, pans, and flatware. But if you’re a renter or in need of a kitchen remodel, you might not be that lucky — which means you’ll have to get creative.
Finding creative solutions for storing your flatware can be a challenge, but we’ve rounded up 10 options that should fit almost every kitchen scenario imaginable.
In the Drawer
- Bamboo Flatware Organizer, $13 from World Market: If you have a dedicated drawer, opt for this simple, one-size-fits-most drawer organizer.
- Custom Drawer Dividers, $12 from Organize.com: For narrow drawers, or ones that are larger than most silverware trays, a modular system works best.
- Silver 3-Section Mesh Cutlery Tray, $8 from Container Store: The most basic of them all, this three-section mesh tray is a no-fuss option.
- Vintage White Wooden Fork, Spoon, Knife Silverware Organizer, $20 from Amazon: If you want something a bit fancier, or want to store your special silver, try this vintage-inspired box. Just be sure your drawer opens wide enough to open the box lids.
- Nestable Drawer Organizer, $2 from Target: Fill your drawer with these nestable organizers. Just think of it like a game of organizing Tetris.
- Faux Shagreen Box, $79 from West Elm: If you have more counter space than drawer space, consider repurposing a jewelry box to store your silverware.
- Orla Kiley Embossed Stems Canister, $13 from Container Store: Canisters like these colorful ones can be perfect for storing silverware. Plus, the lids keep out dust and crumbs, if they live on open shelving.
- Stainless Steel Rotating Utensil Holder, $20 from OXO: It’s not too much of a stretch to imagine this utensil holder as a flatware holder. Two things we love: the fact that it rotates and that it won’t tip over as you load and unload it.
- Hanging Organizer, $45 from West Elm: Make use of the inside of your cabinet doors with this hanging organizer. Just be sure not to overfill it!
- Vintage Blacksmith Flatware Caddy, $59 from Pottery Barn: This caddy can go straight from cabinet to table. Meaning you’ll never have to set your table again, if you don’t want to.