Ugh, pot lids. Is there any kitchen item more annoying to store than ye ol' pot lid? These clanky essentials can single-handedly mess up an otherwise tidy kitchen cabinet unless they're corralled and ordered in some way.
Here are 10 affordable, smart ways to get those pot lids under control!
1. Use a towel bar.
Hang a towel bar to catch your pot lids. You just slide them in and lids' knobs hold them in place. You can put mount the bar inside or next to a cabinet, or even on the face of some shelves, like this pic from Hip2Save.
3 Pretty Towel Bars
2. Use a magnetic knife strip.
Who says knife holders are just for knives? If your lids are magnetic, you can pop them on a knife strip instead, as we showed here.
3 Inexpensive Knife Strips
3. Set up some adhesive hooks.
As we first wrote here, you can use adhesive hooks to hang pot lids on the inside of cabinet door. Just stick two hooks per lid and you're good to go!
Buy some hooks: Command Wire Hooks Value Pack, $5 for nine
4. Put the top of a wire shelf to good use.
We loved how this Kitchn reader used the slats on the top of her wire shelf to stack her pot lids. So smart! Don't have a wire shelf? You can get one for less than $50!
5. Store them on top of a pot rack.
A long time ago we featured this idea to store lids on the top of a pot rack. It's not a perfect solution, but it does get them out of the way.
Or, use one of these 5 traditional pot lid organizers.
If you'd rather go for a more traditional pot lid organizer, here are five that come in under $20!
- OIA Lid Rack, $16 at Wayfair: This rack mounts on the inside of a cabinet door or on your wall and can hold up to six lids.
- VARIERA Pot Lid Organizer, $6 at IKEA: Thanks to its accordion-like design, this organizer can expand or contract to fit your drawer or cabinet.
- Wire Lid Storage Rack, $6 at OrganizeIt.com: Similar in style to a file folder holder you'd put on your desk, this guy can hold up to nine lids.
- .ORG Metal Pot and Lid Organizer, $15 at Bed Bath & Beyond: With two wider sections and four narrow ones, you can load this organizer up with skillets and lids.
- Pull-Out Lid Organizer, $13 at The Container Store: Use this pull-out drawer for your lids or even cutting boards and baking sheets.
How do you store your pot lids?