For a meal that's usually inundated with pastries, bagels, and lots of fruit, trying to find totally delicious low-carb breakfast options can be kinda hard. It's easy to get lost in a sea of uninspired fried eggs and lean meats, but it doesn't have to be that way!
Whatever your reason for wanting to start your day low-carb, I'm here to tell you that you've got options: let's embrace new egg dishes, great fats, and some vegetables.
Now try to keep in mind these are low-carb breakfasts and not no-carb. For example, the green smoothie I list below may have some pear in it, but it doesn't have banana which has considerably more carbs. Some of these recipes also have optional add-ins of honey, which you may want to omit depending on your needs.
What are your favorite low-carb breakfast ideas?
- 1 Avocado Breakfast Pudding
- 2 Savory Muffins with Prosciutto & Chives
- 3 Roasted Radish and Herbed Ricotta Omelet
- 4 Honeyed Grapefruit Yogurt Parfait with Popped Amaranth
- 5 Persian Herb Frittata (Kuku Sabzi)