10 Pigs & Cellars Worth Your Salt
Emma says that to cook like a pro, you should keep your salt in a covered container or salt pig. Besides making it easier to salt your cooking, it’s also a much prettier way to store your salt. Whether you’re a fan of the cellar or the pig, here are 10 options to get your salt out of the shaker once and for all.
- Ceramic Monster Salt Cellar, $60 from MuddyHeart: WE WANT THIS NOW. That is all.
- Square Salt Cellar and Spoon, $38 from Elizabeth Benotti: Oh-so-pretty and unique, and available in three color schemes.
- Olive Wood Salt Keeper, $49.95 from Williams-Sonoma: This olive wood keeper will never go out of style. Totally classic.
- Small Concrete Salt Cellar, $34 from Culinarium: A little edgier, and the perfect salt cellar for an industrial-style kitchen.
- Bee House Salt Box, $24 from Rare Device: Another charmer! We love the colors and flip-top lid of the Bee House salt boxes.
- Round Glass Salt Container, $14.95 from Elizabeth’s Embellishments: You can’t go wrong with a simple, vintage-inspired glass container.
- Cherry Wood Salt Cellar, $45 from Off Cut Studio: Angular, yet warm and rich.
- Le Creuset Salt Crock, $34 from Amazon: The perfect companion to your Le Creuset Dutch oven!
- Yves Salt Cellar, $20 from Leif: Totally punchy when salt is the star of the show.
- Beehive Salt Cellar and Spoon, $68 from Farmhouse Pottery: The beehive shape is so cute.
Originally published January 2013