10 Pretty Dishes to Serve Side Dishes In
As you undoubtably know by now, Thanksgiving dinner is the sum of many parts. Meaning, the side dishes are just as important as the turkey.
With that in mind, we’ve rounded up the best-looking side-dish serving pieces worthy of your stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole — and everything else. They might not be the main attraction, but they’ll still look darn good on the table.
- “Grateful” Oval Serving Platter, $25 at Target: The cute design on this platter reminds everyone why you’re assembled around the table in the first place.
- Dansk Kobenstyle Casserole Dish, $140 at Bed Bath & Beyond: Crafted out of enamel-coated steel, this casserole dish is one you’ll have for the rest of your life. Bonus: The lid can be inverted and used as a trivet, so the dish can go straight from the oven to the table.
- Seamless & Steadfast Enamel Utility Pot, $42 at Best Made Co.: Perfect for smaller side dishes (read: the collard greens only your mother eats) or gravy, this enamel utility pot has a handle, which makes for easy passing around the table.
- Le Creuset Heritage Casserole Dish, $90 at Le Creuset: Available in square and rectangular, it’s as if this casserole dish was invented for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Soapstone Stew Pot, $158 at Uncommon Goods: This pot is not only versatile enough to contend with direct heat from your stovetop, but the soapstone will also keep your food warm while it’s on the table, making sure those candied yams are still piping hot when people go for seconds.
- Moses Serving Bowl, $35 at Fishs Eddy: For those of you going for a minimalist tablescape (and looking to disappoint your aunt, who is sure to ask what happened to those pilgrim-shaped salt and pepper shakers she got you), this sleek, simple bowl is a good bet.
- Copper Round Serving Bowl, $90 at Williams-Sonoma: This copper serving bowl will look gorgeous on your Thanksgiving table heaped with (lots and lots of) stuffing. And once the holidays are over, it can be a trendy vessel for salads during dinner parties.
- Bamboo Swoop Serving Bowl, $64 at Sur La Table: Ideal for serving smaller sides (or even dinner rolls), this bamboo bowl will add a little rustic charm to your table.
- Pumpkin Serving Bowls, from $7 at Crate & Barrel: While these pumpkin bowls look purely decorative, they’re totally oven-safe, so they can go right from the oven to the table.
- Avva Breadbasket, $62 at Teroforma: Made out of 100 percent wool felt, this basket will help keep dinner rolls warm throughout the entire meal.
Do you have a favorite dish that always comes out for Thanksgiving?