10 Petite Trays for Afternoon Tea
Now that fall is in full swing, I’ve gone back to my habit of having afternoon tea. It’s a nice little break in my workday to prepare a mug (or pot, depending on how much I’m fighting off the desire for an afternoon nap). To keep things organized, I use a tray to carry my mug and a little snack (and the tea pot if it’s a sleepy afternoon); I’ve found a tray of this size to be indispensable around my home.
Here are 10 different ones to consider for your afternoon tea.
- BESÖKA Tray, $5 from IKEA: Bright colors and adorably illustrated fruits and vegetables make this tray a winner for us. But if the pattern doesn’t strike your fancy, simply wait until the next season; IKEA always has a tray this size in stock.
- Small Brass Tray, $40 from CB2: A lovely mix of modern design fused with an eastern influence, this brass tray has a raw edge and hand-cast handles.
- Round Linen Tray, $28 from Fog Linen: This neutral tray will fit with any decor, and is also perfect for putting out condiments on the table for burger night.
- Tribeca Tea Tray, $16 from Tea Forte: This simple serving tray fits both your teapot and mug, and will look great on your coffee table to organize keys, mail, or your remotes when not in use.
- Here’s Your Snack Tray, $23 from Fishs Eddy: This cheeky tray is from one of our favorite shops, and it’s sometimes just the sass we need to enliven a slow afternoon.
- Japanese Cedar Wooden Tray, $75 from Ugisu: This stunning tray is a bit on the pricey side, but the beautiful herringbone cedar inlay makes it all worth it.
- Fancy Cat Tray, $27 from Fishs Eddy: Just having afternoon tea can feel decidedly fancy, so why not have a fancy cat tray to match?
- PS 2014 Tray, $10 from IKEA: If you want simplicity, look no further than this basic tray. You can also upgrade it with a wall rack for easy, out-of-the-way storage.
- Dog Collection Tray, $26 from Mary Kilvert on Etsy: After the fancy cat, we had to include one for the dog lovers as well. This colorful tray is an adorable addition to your kitchen collection.
- Adam Lippes Buffalo Plaid Tray Set, $25 from Target: If you’re really ready to embrace fall, you can’t go wrong with this four-piece set in the classic red and black buffalo plaid pattern.