While there's a lot to love about a dramatic light fixture hanging over the dining room table — I'm still smitten with these copper pendants — I always go back to a simple, classic drum shade pendant. The natural fabric and unfussy shape gives off the loveliest diffused light — great for creating ambience and mood throughout dinner. Here are five classic picks:
- 1 Round Shade Pendant, $295 - $350 from Restoration Hardware: available in four shades, this linen pendant light has a sheet of white acrylic across the bottom which diffuses the light to create a warm, soft glow.
- 2 Oversized Equator Pendant Lamp, $199 from CB2: this off-white cotton/poly pendant lamp has a ring of micro pleats around it, and the material diffuses light beautifully. (This is one of Faith's favorites!)
- 3 Short Drum Pendant in Natural Linen, $149 from West Elm: the short height of this pendant lamp makes it perfect for low ceilings.
- 4 Fiona Low Voltage Pendant Light, $224 from yLighting: a modern fabric drum shade pendant with a glass diffuser.
- 5 Olio Large Cylinder, $225 from Design Public: Made from woven cotton and available in a wide variety of colors and patterns.
(Images: as linked)