Let them eat cake. It's not just an overused semi-historical saying — it's the one thing you should definitely do when throwing any kind of birthday-related shindig.
Make the after-cake cleanup a breeze by using paper plates, but don't just settle for the plain ones you find at the grocery store. Instead, spring for any of these adorable paper plates — guaranteed to jazz up any birthday party.
- Happy Birthday Plates, $6 for eight at Paper Source: These adorable, multi-colored plates already say "Happy Birthday," so maybe — just maybe — you can get out of singing it.
- Gold Star Plates, $7 for eight at Sweet LuLu: When it's your birthday, you're the star of the day, and these gold foil plates are sure to make the birthday kid feel even more special.
- Memphis Mint Plates, $7 for 12 at Bash Party Goods: These retro plates look like something out of the '80s, and they're still cool enough for a party in 2017.
- Happy Birthday Dot Plates, $5.50 for 10 at Pixie Dust Party Spot: Funfetti is one of the most perfect birthday cakes out there, so if you're serving that, take it a step further with these Funfetti-inspired, rainbow polka-dot plates.
- Clouds Party Plates, $7 for eight at Oh Happy Day: Perfect for an outdoor bash, these cloud plates will hopefully serve as a good omen for the day's weather.
- Gold Stripe Party Plates, $6 for eight at Pink Poppy Party Shoppe: Throwing a high-class birthday fête? Something Gatsby-esque? These hexagonal gold foil plates look classy while still eliminating the need to wash dishes.
- Zap! Plates, $5 for eight at Meri Meri: Whether you're throwing a superhero-themed party or just into lightning bolts, these plates are super striking.
- Polka Dot Plates, $8 for 12 at Modern Lola: As these plates prove, you can't go wrong with pink and polka-dots.
- Summer Bows Dessert Plates, $5.50 for 12 at Paper Eskimo: These plates will add a nice warmth to a birthday party any time of the year.
- Cheeky Black Split Diamond Paper Plates, $4 for 58 at Target: As if these plates couldn't get any cuter, for every pack purchased, the manufacturer gives one meal to someone in need.