Oven mitts serve a very specific, singular purpose in the kitchen. That's why it's easy to overlook them, buying the cheapest ones you can get your hands on. But think about it: You probably use your oven mitts as much as other tools in your kitchen, so why not buy ones that look nice?
We've rounded up a handful of oven mitts that are so cute, you might just want to wear them outside. Hey, it's cold out there, right? No judgements.
- Cake for Breakfast Oven Mitt, $15 at Kate Spade: If you love baking, this hot-pink oven mitt encourages you to eat the fruits of your labor, at precisely the time when you know you're not supposed to.
- Striped French Blue Oven Mitt, $11 at Williams-Sonoma: Striped and classic, this oven mitt is double reinforced to (extra!) protect your hands from the heat — the outside is quilted and the inside is lined with thick cotton terry.
- Le Creuset Heritage Oven Mitt, $25 at Bed Bath & Beyond: You already love your Le Creuset Dutch oven, so it's a good idea to complete the set with one of these mitts, featuring the original Le Creuset logo and colorful piping around the trim.
- Metallic Cat Oven Mitt, $14 at Anthropologie: Any cat lady would love to have this metallic cat oven mitt in her home. The eye-catching gold pattern is sure to stand out, whether she's roasting vegetables or baking homemade treats for her cat.
- Cub on by Oven Mitts, $22 at ModCloth: Adorable but still practical, these bear paw-shaped oven mitts feature silicone pads to help grip slippery pans while simultaneously protecting your paws, er, hands.
- Coastal Stripe Oven Mitt, $10 at Crate & Barrel: Even if the closet ocean is 100 miles from your kitchen window, this mitt will make your kitchen feel breezy.
- Frosted Cupcake Oven Mitt, $12 at Houzz: Any at-home baker will love using this neon-printed mitt to get her sweet treats out of the oven in a snap.
- Feather Oven Mitt, $35 at Burke Decor: If you're a careful cook (read: won't get your thumb in a pot of red sauce), you might be able to pull off using this mostly white mitt.
- Mastrad Silicone Oven Mitt, $13: This silicone oven mitt — with removable cotton lining — is heat-resistant up to 480°F.
- Woven Plaid Oven Mitt, $6 at Target: There's no such thing as too much plaid or too much gray.