10 Outrageous Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for Lunch (Or Dessert)
It’s time to change the way you think about grilled cheese sandwiches. Once upon a time tomato and a few slices of ham did wonders to liven up this cheesy sandwich. But we’ve gone so far past that now.
We’re sharing 10 mind-blowing grilled cheese sandwiches that will forever change the way you do lunch — and maybe even dessert!
These days nothing is off limits when it comes to constructing a killer grilled cheese. Pizza and even cheesy French onion soup are finding new life between two slices of crisp bread. And if that’s not enough, sweet potatoes and kale are also getting in on the action.
Savory Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Persimmon Prosciutto and Brie Grilled Cheese from Joy the Baker
- White Pizza Grilled Cheese from How Sweet It Is
- Brussels Sprouts, Apple and Brie Grilled Cheese with Whipped Goat Cheese from Veggie and the Beast
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Broccolini, Sautéed Red Onions, & Red Pepper Flakes from Blogging Over Thyme
- French Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Feasting at Home
- Sweet Potato and Kale Grilled Cheese from Two Peas & Their Pod
Whether you add sugar to brulee the toast, swap in fresh baked banana bread or simply pile on dark chocolate with your cheese, these sandwiches are proof that grilled cheese is more than lunchtime fare.
Sweet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Peach Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Miso and Black Sesame Butter from 10th Kitchen
- Strawberry Brie Grilled Cheese from Lady and Pups
- Banana Bread, Brie and Chocolate Grilled Cheese from How Sweet It Is
- Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, and Brie Grilled Cheese from Ambitious Kitchen
What’s the most outrageous grilled cheese sandwich you’ve ever tried?