10 Out-of-This-World Astrology Items for Your Kitchen
There are people who casually consume their daily horoscope and there are people who take astrology very seriously. For the people in the second camp, “What’s your sign?” isn’t an annoying first-date question — it’s a window into who a person really is. By hearing that someone is a Gemini or an Aquarius, the astrology buff immediately gets a sense of what that person is all about.
For you zodiac enthusiasts, we’ve rounded up 10 astrology-themed items that’ll help your kitchen shine.
- Astrology Matchboxes, $11 at Waiting on Martha: These extra-large matches are great to have handy in the kitchen, and their decorative zodiac boxes (available for each sign) make them even better.
- Zodiac Oval Soaps, $15 at Fresh: Ditch that cheap hand soap you have by your sink and embrace these cute soaps, created in conjunction with Fresh and famed astrologer Susan Miller to reflect the properties of each individual sign.
- Zodiac Mugs, $15 at The Mugs Boutique: Whatever your sign is, you’ll love drinking your morning coffee out of a mug that’s personalized with your zodiac sign symbol. Trust us — it’s in the stars!
- Astrological Candles, $16 at Often Wander: Each of these gorgeous candles gives off a scent that was created specifically with each zodiac sign in mind.
- Zodiac Coasters, $5 each at Kimberly Gift: These coasters — created by designer Thomas Paul — depict the symbols of zodiac signs (the scales for Libras, the lion for Leos, and so on). They’re sold individually, so you can buy a mismatched set to represent everyone in your home, or you can get a few for your own personal sign.
- Zodiac Tea Towel, $18 at Anthropologie: This tea towel combines two popular interests — astrology and dogs — by depicting the characteristics of each zodiac sign with illustrations of like-minded dog breeds.
- Zodiac Cocktail Napkin Set, $98 for 12 at Neiman Marcus: Cocktail party banter often starts with “What’s your sign?” so why not aid the conversation with these cute cocktail napkins?
- Zodiac Sign Tote Bags, $18 at Society6: Plastic grocery bags are a thing of the past, so it makes sense to add to your collection of canvas grocery bags with these nicely illustrated bags, which are available in all the zodiac signs.
- Star Sign Trinket Dishes, $14 each at Anthropologie: One of the most life-changing things you can do is put a trinket dish in your kitchen. With one, you have a safe spot to put your rings while you’re doing the dishes. We like these hand-painted blue dishes that show each sign’s constellation.
- Zodiac Needlepoint Throw Pillows, $98 each at Jonathan Adler: Trick out your breakfast nook with these adorable needlepoint throw pillows, each stitched with brightly colored zodiac symbols.