10 Nordic Accents for Your Kitchen
Even if you live in New Jersey (and we don’t have anything against Jersey!), you need some of these super-sleek Scandinavian finds for your kitchen.
Just take a look and try to argue otherwise!
- Fridge Carafe, $65 at Danish Design Store: Fill this little guy with iced tea, water, or juice and the neoprene cover will help keep the contents cool while it’s out on your table.
- Stoneware Sweden Bowl, $45 at Burke Decor: Does it get any more Nordic than a stoneware bowl designed in the shape of Sweden?
- Wishbone Chair, $595 at Hive Modern: We can’t afford to surround an entire table with these beautiful chairs (sadly, not even a small four-top!), but we would consider splurging on one to sit by itself in a corner.
- POPPIG Tray, $6 at IKEA: Use this colorful tray to organize smaller items (your salt cellar, olive oil dispenser, your timer, and more) on your countertop.
- Fluted Contrast Mug, $25 at Bed Bath & Beyond: This mug is dishwasher- and microwave-safe. Plus, thanks to its cute silicone sleeve, it won’t feel too hot to the touch after being nuked.
- Beater Whisk, $18 at Gretel Home: The colorful ring around this nylon whisk slides down for easy storage when not in use.
- Kobenstyle 2-Quart Saucepan, $53: Technically an American creation, Dansk Kobenstyle cookware is a collaboration with famed designer Jens Quistgaard from Copenhagen, but it’s got plenty of Scandinavian charm.
- Scandinavian Bowls Print, from $12 at BentonParkPrints: If this cute print doesn’t match your kitchen, you can order it in custom colors.
- Alvar Aalto Vase, $125 at Need Supply Co.: We’re guessing you’ve seen this wacky-shaped vase before, but you might not have realized it’s a Finnish design.
Unikko Teapot, $115 at Marimekko: This list wouldn’t be complete without something from Marimekko, and so we present this teapot in the brand’s iconic floral design.