10 Meals To Make In 10 Minutes Or Less
It seems these days a quick meal is less than 30 minutes — thank you Rachael Ray. But there are nights, now and then, when even 30 minutes can seem like a luxury. With 30 minutes we could cook a 3-course meal, do some laundry, run the dishwasher and whittle a horse from a spare piece of wood. In the real world, when you’re dashing from one evening activity to another, dinner sometimes needs to come together in 10 minutes or less. Here are a few recipes to keep in mind for those occasions!
Last year we rounded up 10 recipes that could be made in 15 minutes or less and we’re taking it one step further this time. 15 minutes is so last year, 10 minutes is where it’s at! Check out the recipes below and make sure to add your quick weeknight dinners in the comments below!
1. Quick and Easy Fried Rice: Fried rice can come together even faster than 10 minutes if you happen to have a good selection of leftovers floating around. It’s the end-all recipe to using up leftover rice and is tasty enough to eat for any meal of the day — yes even breakfast.
2. Apple-Arugula Salad Wraps: Although wraps seem more like a lunch food, for a quick dinner they can contain actual food groups and even do away with dishes if needs be. Perfect, no clean up!
3. Thai Crab Salad with Chili, Ginger, and Coconut: Since this meal merely needs to be chopped and tossed, it’s quick to throw together and has big bold flavors that will satisfy without a laundry list of ingredients.
5.The BEST Pancakes Ever: Pancakes might traditionally be breakfast food, but they’re perfect for any meal in fact… we want some right now!
6. Egyptian Tomato Soup: This recipe just barely passes the 10 minute mark, but it can be made entirely from your pantry so there’s minimal chopping or prep — making it a winner in our book!
7. Friday Night Slow-Cooked Brisket and Onions: So technically speaking this meal takes 5-8 hours to make, but there’s really only 10 minutes of prep work involved. Make it before you head out the door to work and when you return dinner is already done for you!
8. Spicy Grilled Shrimp: These shrimp get a quick brine before hitting the grill, but since they cook up so quick, we’re willing to overlook the extra brining time (only 30 minutes). Just make sure to drop them in the brine the second you come home from work or possibly lessen the salt and brine them while you’re away (so they don’t get too salty) to make things extra easy.
9. Thai-Style Omelet (Kai Jeow): This recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes which might even leave you time to walk the dog or check your email before dinner!
10. Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Corn, Goat Cheese, and Oven-Roasted Tomatoes: This meal is labeled as a 10 minute dish and mixes up with many things that you probably already have on hand.
What are your favorite no-time, extra-quick weeknight meals?