10 Little Kitchen Luxuries Under $15
As almost every luxury car commercial will tell you, indulgence requires money. Leather, chrome, a blonde wearing diamonds, a handsome driver, an open road in the middle of the night. It’s a fast, glam life, people. Only slick suits with deep pockets need apply.
Well, thank goodness The Kitchn isn’t about cars, because otherwise we wouldn’t be able to tell you about the little luxurious kitchen gifts that — gasp! — won’t put you out more than $15. No gold-plated appliances or crystal bowls here. Here are 10 small gifts that feel special.
- Bread Wrap, $15 from Bee’s Wrap: We’ve been fans of this reusable beeswax-based bread wrap ever since we reviewed it here. It’s such a nice alternative to plastic wrap — better-looking, longer-lasting, and it really keeps bread fresh.
- Formaticum Cheese Paper, $8 from Amazon: Good cheese itself is one of life’s little luxuries, so it’s a shame to let it dry out wrapped in plastic. (Don’t do that.) This specially made cheese paper lets cheese breathe. We love the illustrated goat/cow/sheep label indicators, too.
- Pallarès Solsona Paring Knife, $15 from Flotsam + Fork: A gorgeous little paring knife makes any chopping job better. This carbon steel and boxwood paring knife is handmade in Solsona, Spain, by the Pallarès family, who’ve been making knives since 1917.
- Small Brass Spoon, $15 from Alder & Co: The perfect little spoon for your sugar bowl or salt cellar.
- Stackable Glass, $6 from Schoolhouse Electric: These award-winning, chip-resistant Japanese glasses are simple yet refined. The slight protrusion also makes them stackable — a major plus for small kitchen cupboards where every inch counts — and easy to hold.
- Solstice Canyon Cardmom & Clove Almond Butter, $9 from Bohem: This is almond butter as you’ve never had it before: raw; stone-ground; and blended with coconut, sea salt, and an array of chai spices including clove, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla, and cinnamon. Such an intriguing treat.
- Snowflake Marshmallows, $10 from Terrain: Snowflake-shaped marshmallows in a cup of hot cocoa? Yeah, that’s cozy-time all over the place.
- Murchison-Hume Liquid Hand Soap in Original Fig, $12.99 from The Container Store: Murchison-Hume’s Original Fig scent is so light and lovely. The hand soap will make you feel pampered every time you use it, especially after an icky kitchen cleaning job.
- Biobu Storage Jars, $8-$10 from Plastica: It’s hard to choose a favorite color among Biobu’s jars — they’re all so fun! These food-safe multi-purpose jars are perfect for the pantry, cupboard, or countertop.
- Indigo Sticky Note Set, $12 from Leif: Making grocery lists, marking recipes, and jotting notes in your cookbooks has never been so stylish.