A lot of cleaning products boast exotic, overpowering scents, but we're partial to the clean, classic smell of lemons. Why? Lemon-scented products are fresh without being too over-the-top. And let's be honest — even the strongest-smelling countertop spray isn't going to trick you into thinking you're in a field or near a mountain lake.
To help you keep your kitchen clean and smelling wonderful, we've rounded up 10 of our favorite lemon-scented cleaning products.
- Lemon Verbena Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner, $4 for 16 ounces at Mrs. Meyer's: This all-purpose cleaner combines vegetable protein extract and essential oils to create a fresh way to clean nearly everything in your kitchen.
- Lemon Mint All-Purpose Cleaner, $3 for 28 ounces at Method Home: Crafted out of naturally derived biodegradable ingredients (including corn and coconut), this all-purpose cleaner can tackle your counters without leaving a film behind.
- Lemon Verbena Dish Soap, $4 for 24 ounces at The Honest Co.: This plant-based dish soap will combat greasy dishes in a snap. The ultra-concentrated formula produces more suds than you'll know what to do with.
- Meyer Lemon Countertop Spray, $8 for 16 ounces at Williams-Sonoma: Featuring essential oils extracted from real Meyer lemons, this countertop spray is ideal for finished wood, laminate countertops, composite stone, tile, and sealed granite.
- Mr. Clean Crisp Lemon Multi-Purpose Cleaner, $3 for 16 ounces at Walmart: There's a reason why Mr. Clean is a household name — the products work. This lemon-scented multi-purpose cleaner packs a punch and will fight grease without too much scrubbing on your end.
- Clorox Citrus Blend Disinfecting Wipes, $5 for 75 wipes: The key to keeping your kitchen germ-free on a consistent basis is to have a jar of these wipes on hand at all times. They remove bacteria, germs, and grease in one swipe — and leave behind a fresh citrus scent.
- Lysol Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner, $7.50 for 40 ounces: Featuring a fresh lemon and sunflower scent, this multi-surface cleaner also disinfects, making it especially clutch if anyone in your house is sick.
- Soft Scrub Lemon Scent All-Purpose Cleaner, $3 for 24 ounces at Target: This all-purpose, lemon-scented cleaner is both bleach- and ammonia-free, but still manages to be a heavy-duty cleaner without being harsh on your kitchen surfaces.
- Lemon Foaming Hand Soap, $5 for 9 ounces at J.R. Watkins: Your hands count as a key thing that needs cleaning in the kitchen! You'll be encouraged to make sure that happens with this good-smelling soap nearby.
- Seventh Generation Fresh Citrus & Ginger Dish Soap, $3 for 25 ounces at Jet: This plant-based dish soap contains botanical extracts and is crafted specifically to power through tough, dried-on food.