10 Last-Minute Gifts for the Cook
Holiday shopping get away from you? Find yourself in a pickle on the night before Christmas? Don’t worry: there are plenty of terrific last-minute gifts you can give your beloved cook. From a monthly cocktail hour food delivery to an online beer-making class and a subscription to a high-fashion foodie magazine, here are 10 of our favorite subscriptions and online gifts when you need something great, and you need it fast.
- 1 Cherry Bombe Subscription, $40 for a one-year subscription: A high-fashion food magazine for women. Fashion and food together in one magazine? Yup, Cherry Bombe makes it work.
- 2 Avocado Oil, $6.99 from La Tourangelle: An unusual oil that is great for salads or for cooking. Widely available — pick up a bottle and put a bow on it.
- 3 Cocktail Hour Every Month, $280 for a three-month subscription from Mouth: Everything you need for a stellar cocktail hour, including artisanal-made sweet and savory spreads, nibbles, charcuterie, top-shelf tonic, small-batch bitters, and more — shipped right to the giftee.
- 4 Eat Your Books, $25 for an unlimited subscription: The best gift for anyone with a large cookbook collection, Eat Your Books creates a virtual bookshelf of all their cookbooks so they can search, index, and cross-reference by ingredient and keywords. So great!
- 5 Mistobox, $35 for four 3.4 ounce bags of coffee: Send a box set of coffee beans from four different craft roasters around the country.
- 6 Tasting Box Subscription, $20/month from Hatchery: A well-curated, sample-size collection of artisan ingredients and condiments delivered to their doorstep every month. A great way to discover new makers and foods!
- 7 Adopt a Tea Garden, $39 from Nudo: Have a tea lover in your life? Give them the gift of a tea garden (choose which one you want!), and they’ll enjoy regular deliveries of the best hand-picked first flush loose tea leaves from their very own garden!
- 8 How To Cook Everything App, $9.99 from iTunes: From that ol’ standby Mark Bittman, this is super handy for any cook!
- 9 Online Beermaking 101 Class, $60 from Old School: They can learn how to brew beer at their own pace and in their own kitchen with this helpful online class!
- 10 Cook Smarts Subscription, $21 for three months of of meal plans: Healthy, easy-to-follow weekly meal plans that are easy to customize. Great for new cooks or friends trying to eat more dinners at home.
This year, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy aren’t just sharing great ideas in our gift guides, we’re giving away $1,000 to help one lucky reader purchase presents for their friends and family! Through Friday, December 13th, we’ll publish new gift guides each day on both sites while collecting entries in the sweepstakes. (See Official Rules for details. One entry per reader, please.) Enter below for a chance to receive a bit of extra help from us this holiday season — we want it to be your best and brightest yet!
And we’re not done. Starting on Monday, December 16, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy editors have lined up ten absolutely unbelievable items (really, you won’t believe how great they are!) for our big, blowout week-long Holiday Giveaway 2013. To be notified on when and how to enter to win these super-special gifts, sign up for our giveaway email today, and you won’t miss a single one.