10 Last-Minute Food Gifts
Panicking because you haven’t gotten to your holiday shopping yet? Fear not, friend. We’ve got 10 (plus a bonus!) last-minute gift ideas fit for any food lover. From overnighted oysters to an ice cream pint club subscription, this list ensures you won’t show up empty-handed on Christmas morning.
- Skillshare subscription and online food photography classes with Leela Cyd, $96 from Skillshare: A year’s subscription to Skillshare gives your loved one access to all kinds of amazing online classes, including three food photography classes taught by longtime Kitchn contributor Leela Cyd, who also photographed our new cookbook! We can’t recommend her highly enough.
- Pint Club, $144 from Jeni’s Ice Cream: Three pints of Jeni’s amazing ice cream — a signature flavor, a perennial flavor, and a limited edition flavor — delivered four times a year to your chosen recipient. They may already love you, but they’ll love you even more after this.
- 50 Count Box of Raw Oysters, $100 from Island Creek Oysters: Have a friend who loves oysters? Overnight them a box of Island Creeks! (See our tour of the Island Creek oyster farm here.)
- A quarterly subscription of good craft beer , $58.50 from The Bruery: Trust me, beer lovers would MUCH rather receive a sixer of good craft brew than an Amazon gift card.
- Lucky Peach subscription, $66 for three years: The must-have food journal, from the minds of David Chang and McSweeney’s.
- Meal planning subscription from the likes of Cook Smarts or The Fresh 20, $18-$54: Who doesn’t want a little more help planning meals every week? These sites take all the guesswork and stress out of meal planning.
- Whole Foods Wine Club, $125 per shipment: Just launched this past October, Whole Foods’ new wine club features six hard-to-find wines shipped out four times a year. The buzz around this club has been very good so far, in part because the wines are chosen by two top global wine buyers.
- Steepster Tea of the Month Club, $71 for three months: Just the thing for your ardent tea lover! Each order includes a flight of five unique teas, with tasting notes and brewing instructions.
- Monthly Snacks Subscription from Mouth, starting at $180: Tasty artisan snacks, delivered to your door at regular intervals — it’s the holiday gift that keeps on giving!
- The greatest hits from Murray’s Cheese, $75: Six cheeses, 2.5 pounds total, so much love.