10 Kitchen Ideas We Picked Up from IKEA’s New 2015 Catalog
IKEA’s brand new 2015 catalog dropped yesterday, and for fans of the mega Swedish store, this is a very big deal indeed. The annual catalog isn’t just a look at IKEA’s new product offerings; it’s a style guide to all the creative ways you can use, organize, and reinvent those products for your home. We’ve read the catalog cover to cover a few times now, and here are 10 of our favorite ideas for the kitchen and dining room:
- A half-painted wall makes the FÖRHÖJA wall cabinets look as if they’re placed on a ledge rather than floating randomly in the middle of the wall.
- The IVAR cabinet is meant to be customized. For example, paint the doors blue and cover the inside with newspaper!
- Turn ELLY dish towels into storage pockets for the IVAR side unit by folding the towels in half and sewing the sides.
- Get extra seating around the dining table with the PS 2014 bench. It’s collapsible, so you can put it away later.
- The BOHOLMEN washing and rinsing basket is the answer to washing dishes in a single bowl sink. The holes make it great for washing fruits and vegetables, too.
- The white LINNMON tabletop is a perfect backdrop for a hand-painted design.
- A small, multi-purpose drop leaf table like the INGATORP can serve as both a coffee and breakfast nook table.
- The AKURUM series isn’t just for kitchen cabinet fronts; you can also stack the units on top of each other in the dining room to create one big storage cabinet for your dinnerware.
- Likewise, if you have vertical space to work with in your kitchen, why stick with one row of AKURUM Rubrik Applåd red cabinets when you can hang a few rows on top of each other?
- Last but not least, a kitchen cart on wheels (like the BEKVÄM) means you can wheel extra storage and prep space wherever you need it in the kitchen.