This Memorial Day we spent a lot of time on the beach (we got a sunburn to prove it) and had our usual picnic fare: Tuna salad in pita with heirloom tomatoes and butter lettuce, Vernor's, and cherries. It's what we've eaten for as long as we can remember for long weekends. But it got us to thinking about all the other picnics we want to plan for the summer. Here's a peek!
Here are some seriously inspiring picnic posts from The Kitchn!
- Here are 10 picnics we'd like to go to, via Flickr.
- Bring a Blanket: 10 Dishes For Picnics
- A recent recipe we'd like to try out: Potato Salad with Yogurt, Arugula, and Dill
- Some tools for a successful picnic: Favorite Picnic Sets From Etsy
- From Crate and Barrel, we love this collapsible picnic basket and also this more traditional one.
- In June, We Eat Outside
- A Smoky "BLT" for Vegetarians: Is It Picnic Time Yet?
- Film inspiration: A Picnic of Chicken, Beer and Innuendo.
- How about A French Market Bag to stick everything into.
- One of our go-to picnic blankets is actually a cheap, canvas dropcloth from the hardware store. You can get them in huge sizes and it doesn't matter if something gets spilled.
And one more bonus, Sara-Kate's recent post on The Best Picnic Knives.
What's inspiring you to picnic this year?