We're always on the lookout for new ingredients that we never thought we could eat (hello, pumpkin leaves!), as well as trendy ingredients that start popping up everywhere, like black garlic. Check out these 10 ingredients that we fell in love with this year and see if you like them as much as we do.
If you're tired of cooking with the same ingredients, try swapping in cashew meal for almond flour or cooking with those carrot tops that you usually toss into the compost. And bonus points if you are brave enough to attempt cooking sweetbreads!
10 Ingredients to Try (Maybe for the First Time)
- Did You Know You Can Eat Pumpkin Leaves?
- Here’s the Lowdown on Spirulina and Why It Makes a Great Smoothie Add-In
- Love Campari? You've Got to Try Cappelletti!
- Yes, You Can Eat Carrot Tops. No, They're Not Poisonous!
- What Are Sweetbreads, and Why You Should Try Them?
- You Guys. Black Garlic is Delicious. Here's What I'm Doing with It
- What's the Deal with Powdered Peanut Butter?
- What Is Harissa?
- What You Should Know About Sprouted Grains
- Cashew Meal: Tips for Using This Gluten-Free Nut Flour
* * *