Ice cream scoops are one of those tools that make a specific task that much easier (see also: pizza cutter, strawberry huller). And in the summer months, we're all about ice cream and easy.
Luckily, ice cream scoops come in all kinds of shapes and colors, from retro release-handles to sleek stainless steel. Depending on your personal preference, you can also find models with anti-freeze technology, non-slip handles, and pointed tips to make scooping extra-hard ice cream easy. Now you just need a few pints of ice cream and you’ll be ready to go!
1. Zeroll Ice Cream Scoop, $20 from MOMA Store: This design has been around since 1935, and with its anti-freeze technology and classic shape, it's still one of the best. MOMA's version has a yellow bottom for a fun pop of color.
2. Piazza Ice Cream Scoop, $18 from Williams-Sonoma: If you're looking for a release-handle scoop, you can't do better than Piazza — they've been used by gelatieri in Italy since the 1950s.
3. Harold's Kitchen Anti-Freeze Ice Cream Spade, $5 from Bed, Bath & Beyond: The unique spade shape makes scooping even the hardest ice creams a breeze.
4. Beak Ice Cream Scoop, $15 from OXO: With a pointed tip and OXO's GoodGrip silicone handle, this scoop is great for breaking into very hard ice cream.
5. Beak Ice Cream Scoop & Stack, $20 from Vat19: This unique tool removes ice cream in a cylinder shape so you can create "stacks" of different flavors.
6. Joseph Joseph Dimple Non-Drip Ice Cream Scoop, $12 from Target: The faceted surface on this cheery scoop helps release ice cream more easily, and the flared edge around the top of the handle helps prevent drips.
7. SUMO Ice Cream Scoop, $14 from Amazon: The pointy tip and sturdy, easy-to-grip handle make this scoop a great option — plus it comes in three different colors.
8. Rösle Ice Cream Scoop, $27 from Sur la Table: Rösle uses German engineering to create tools that are both beautiful and effective, and this stainless steel scoop is no exception.
9. Retro Red Ice Cream Scoop, $15 from Fishs Eddy: Somehow, this cheerful scoop just feels like it should be at a 1950s ice cream parlor, doesn't it?
10. Tilt Up Ice Cream Scoop, $11 from Crate & Barrel: Featuring an engineered ergonomic handle, the head of this scoop is raised to prevent drips from getting on the counter.