When it's cold out and you're bundled up in three kinds of sweaters in your home trying to adjust the heat, the best remedy is always something hot, and preferably with booze. Let these cozy drinks help you through the cold months.
Hot and boozy drinks seem to fall into three different camps: drinks that resemble tea or a hot toddy, drinks that are sweet and creamy, and drinks that are mulled or spiced. If you're fighting off a cold of some kind, the tea variety is obviously the best route to go. I especially love the Rye and Ginger Hot Toddy and Bon Appétit's Bran's Dram which uses berry herbal tea.
1. Pumpkin Buttered Rum - The Kitchn: When pumpkin butter and rum come together only good things can happen.
2. Irish Coffee - The Kitchn: This drink alone makes winter bearable.
3. Pink Peppermint Russian - Kleinworth & Co.: Lots of candy canes lost their lives in the making of this drink. Definitely worth it. It's technically a cold drink in the recipe, but would be nice warm too.
4. The Rye and Ginger Hot Toddy - The Kitchn: Very simple drink, made with stuff you probably already have in your home.
5. Hot Cranberry Punch with Sage & Peppercorns - The Kitchn: Faith made this drink for guests after Thanksgiving dinner. It's perfect for cold winter gatherings.
6. Bran's Dram - Bon Appétit: This easy drink combines berry herbal tea and white rum in order to get rid of all your winter blues.
7. Hot Apple-Ginger Toddy - The Kitchn: This drink combines two of my favorite things! Apple cider and hot toddys. Can't go wrong with that.
8. Honey-Pomegranate Mulled Wine - Food52: Love the addition of honey and pomegranate in mulled wine.
9. Coconut Rum Spiked S'more Hot Chocolate - Margaritas in the Rain: The secret ingredient for this recipe is coconut rum. I'm in.
10. Boozy Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate - Minimalist Baker: Pumpkin, white chocolate, and bourbon – oh my!