10 Hostess Gifts Under $10
Your mother taught you to never show up empty-handed, but there’s no need to break the bank as we head into holiday party season. If you don’t want to bring something homemade, there are plenty of small hostess gifts you can pick up for less than $10. Here are a few of our favorites.
- I Woke Up Like This Mug, $8 from Urban Outfitters: We’ll never say no to another coffee mug, especially not one that channels Beyonce.
- Monogrammed Garland Ring Dish, $10 from Anthropologie: A ring dish next to the sink is a wonderful touch, but not something you’re likely to pick up for yourself.
- Spoon Ups Spoon Rests, $10 from Container Store: They might look like wine charms, but these little silicone shapes are actually designed to keep your counters and stovetop clean while cooking.
- Prepara Jumbo Ice Ball Maker, $8 for 2 from Target: For any cocktail enthusiast, big ice is key. We love these jumbo ice-ball makers, and we love their price even more.
- Emoji Magnets, $10 from Paper Source: No, it doesn’t come with the full Unicode-approved set (read: no taco emoji magnet), but it’s a good start for leaving funny messages on the fridge.
- Secret Ingredient Spoon, $10 from ModCloth: For your most sentimental friend, this heart-shaped bamboo spoon is a perfect choice.
- Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box, $9 from Amazon: This simple salt cellar will be at home on your hostess’s stove or dinner table. Plus, you can choose an engraved version if you prefer.
- Murchison-Hume Hand Soap, $9 from Thrive Market: We love a good-smelling hand soap, and this is a steal at under $10. You might want to pick one up for yourself, too.
- Multi Dot Smart Shopper, $7 from Container Store: You can’t go wrong with a reusable tote, especially when it’s as bright and cheery as this polka dot one.
- Gold Paper Straws, $10 from Paper Source: Paper straws aren’t that revolutionary, but these new gold ones are perfect for the festive holiday season. Hopefully your hostess will invite you back for her new year’s party!