10 Grocery Store Finds for Grab-and-Go Breakfasts
Do you need the absolute easiest solution for the morning rush? The lack of something totally easy is why so many of us end up drinking a coffee and calling it breakfast (probably not ideal) or eating the free donuts in the office kitchen (hey, no judgment).
But you can do better than that! We’ve rounded up 10 grab-and-go breakfasts from the grocery store that will make your mornings great — or at least make you less hangry during your 10 a.m. meeting.
- Fage Crossovers: Greek yogurt is popular, but on its own, it’s pretty boring. That’s why Fage has introduced Crossovers, which pairs its yogurt with crunchy toppings to make it feel more like a meal than just a yogurt. They even have savory options like tomato basil with almonds that can easily morph into a quick lunch.
- Mamma Chia Chia Squeeze: Chia seeds aren’t just for your health-crazed cousin anymore. These highly portable flavored pouches are packed with nutrients, and come in delicious flavors like mango-coconut, strawberry-banana, and blackberry-bliss.
- KIND Breakfast Bars: These breakfast bars have a good balance of protein, sugar, and carbs to get you moving in the morning, and come in a variety of flavors (honey-oat, peanut butter, raspberry-chia, and more).
- Purely Elizabeth Granola Minis: Skip the marshmallow-laced cereals (even if they are offered in to-go cups). Instead, look to Purely Elizabeth, which makes all-natural, delicious granola (try the pumpkin-fig blend!) in small pouches. Throw one in your bag and add milk once you get into the office.
- Odwalla Groovin’ Greens Juice: Green juice can serve as a good breakfast. If you don’t have time to stand in front of a blender (or the desire to spend $10 at that fancy organic place near your office), here’s a happy alternative. This bottle features a blend of spinach, cucumber, kale, apple, and more, which you can easily drink on the go.
- ThinkThin Protein & Fiber Hot Oatmeal Bowls: Packed with both protein and fiber (as the name suggests), these bowls require two easy steps: heat and eat. Easy enough!
- Justin’s Peanut Butter: These single-serving packets are great to keep around — in your bag and in your desk — to spread on an apple or banana, or just eat on its own in a hurry.
- Orgain Iced Café Mocha Organic Shake: Swap out your sugary, chocolate- and whipped cream-topped coffee for this shake, which is flavored like a fancy iced latte, but contains 23 vitamins and minerals and 16 grams of protein.
- Muuna Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese has long been noshed on by healthy eaters, and these single-serving containers from Muuna (available in plain, but also in flavors like mango, strawberry, peach, and more) allow you to be healthy on the go.
- Kashi GOLEAN Bars: Another bar option, these (available in a variety of flavor combinations) are non-GMO and Fair Trade, so even if your morning hasn’t gone well, you can feel good about your breakfast choice.
- Bonus Breakfast: Nature makes its own to-go breakfast, right? It’s called fruit! Consider grabbing an apple or banana on your way out the door.
Do you have a favorite grab-and-go breakfast that saves your bacon on those extra-busy mornings?