10 Small Gifts to Say Thank You
Thanksgiving is over and the holiday season has officially begun, pulling in its wake parties and gatherings galore. These present many opportunities to say thank you to an array of good people: your boss, your doctor, your child’s caretaker or teacher, a neighbor. Here are a few gifts we love that don’t cost too much and are easy to pack when traveling, and that all still say thank you in a thoughtful way.
- Juniper Laurel Mint Dish Soap, $9 from Caldrea: An easy way to add the holidays into your kitchen. Smells so good!
- Spiced Pecans, $14.95 from The Treat Bakeshop: These candied pecans may sound like a simple gift, one you could make yourself, but let me tell you — they are just too good. Too good.
- Baker’s Dozen Large Wooden Spoons, $140 from Dara Artisans: Have crowd of people to thank? This collection gives you 13 gifts in one bundle, and part of the purchase price gets donated to a good cause, too. Buy a clutch of wooden spoons — no two alike — and gift one by one.
- Pistacchiosa, Il Colle Del Gusto, $17.65 from Olio2Go: This is my new favorite spread to have around the home. It tastes a little bit like an earthier Nutella. Good on basically everything.
- Holiday S’mores Kit, $24 from Anthropologie: Because s’mores know no season!
- Marianella Bar Soap in Tintarella di Luna, $16 from Jaboneria Marianella: A beautiful bar of soap is always a little luxury for the cook, and this is one of our all-time favorites.
- Giant Steps Blue Bottle Coffee, $19 from Blue Bottle: Not just any beans, but beans from one of San Francisco’s finest roasters.
- The Meadow Salt Set, $30 from The Meadow: A little tin of finishing salt is something any gourmet will be grateful for! (Includes 6 tins — gift the whole set or gift the individual tins to several lucky friends.)
- Faceted Boulder Mug, $16 from Leif: Everyone loves one good mug, so bring them this and stuff it full with a bag of your favorite coffee beans or a packet of homemade hot cocoa mix.
- Linen Tea Towel, $24 from Studiopatró: Studiopatró’s handsome linen towels are substantial and luxurious, and they can be tucked inside an overnight bag or carry-on.