10 Gifts for the Cook Who Loves to Bake
Whether it’s your coworker who’s always bringing in banana bread or your best friend who makes cookies for every occasion (“These are my Tuesday cookies!”), we all know someone who would always rather be baking.
Think of that person. Now get her something from this list. Nothing says, “Please bake me more of that pecan pie,” better than some of this new baking gear.
- Whisk Necklace, $72 at Food52: There’s no whisk, er, risk with this gift. Any baker is sure to love this sterling silver necklace.
- Bird’s Eye Chili Extract, $12 at Farm to People: Vanilla extract is so vanilla! This one is made from organic, fair-trade Thai chilies and is extra good in brownies, cocktails, and more.
- Gray Milk Glass Cake Stand, $43 at Classic Hostess: Because homemade treats deserve to be put on a pedestal. This pedestal, to be exact.
- Black Rectangular Baking Dish, from $40 at Revol: It looks like cast iron, but this black baking dish is actually porcelain, so it requires less TLC.
- Rolling Pin, $49 at Magenta: This stoneware rolling pin is a little nautical and preppy. And we love it!
- Baker’s Wooden Spoons, $12 at Waiting on Martha: A baker can never have too many wooden spoons — especially these handcrafted beechwood spoons. Available in three sizes, each one is different and unique.
- Kitchen Mitt, $18 at Burke Decor: Get this for your friend so she can serve and protect (cookies and her table, in that order), in style.
- Holiday Silpat, $20: The classic nonstick baking mat is getting into the holiday spirit — and every cookie maker needs one.
- Copper Goldtouch 3-Piece Cookie Sheet Set, $40 at Williams-Sonoma: Copper fiends will love how this set (two cookie sheets and a cooling rack) matches all their other metallic kitchen accents.
- Golden Dome Gnome Container, $66 at Domino: There’s gnome better place for cookies to go than inside this adorable canister.