10 Gifts for a Stylish Kitchen
What kitchen gift do you get the couple with impeccable taste? Or the best friend with a serious eye for style? It was tough to pick 10 favorites among all the beautiful, eye-catching pieces you can get for the kitchen and home, but we managed to do it — from structural brass trivets to gorgeous wooden coasters, from the perfect little serving board to an elegant storage container.
- 1 Indigo Pomegranate Fruit Art Poster, $85 from Anek: Beautiful, rich colors make a stunning statement on the wall.
- 2 Wood Cutting Board with Copper Handle, $55.75 from Lattepolon: The size is perfect for serving cheese and small appetizers, and the copper handle is a great touch.
- 3 Copenhagen Carafe, $35 from Lawson-Fenning: Simple, yet striking — we love the large ball stopper.
- 4 Copenhagen Coaster Set, $40 from Leif: A little mid-century, a little Scandinavian, the polished brass and smooth, dark wood make these the classiest coasters we’ve seen.
- 5 Japanese Brass Trivet in Sun and Moon, $96 from Poketo: Solid brass trivets striking enough to display on their own.
- 6 Black Ceramic Salt Cellar and Gold Spoon Set, $20 from Spartan: A perfect small yet dramatic piece for the table.
- 7 Opus Storage Jar, $32 from Horne: Classy, beautiful storage that also happens to work very well.
- 8 René Redzepi: A Work in Progress, $46 from Amazon: Almost more art than cookbook, this is the only book you need on your coffee table.
- 9 Fairmount Park Dot Stripe Salt & Pepper Set, $30 from Nordstrom: What’s more fun than stripes and polka dots with a little gold thrown in?
- 10 Acacia Wood and Enamel Storage Containers, $30 from Kaufmann-Mercantile: Porcelain enamel over steel is sturdy and pretty.
This year, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy aren’t just sharing great ideas in our gift guides, we’re giving away $1,000 to help one lucky readerpurchase presents for their friends and family! Through Friday, December 13th, we’ll publish new gift guides each day on both sites while collecting entries in the sweepstakes. (See Official Rules for details. One entry per reader, please.) Enter below for a chance to receive a bit of extra help from us this holiday season — we want it to be your best and brightest yet!
And we’re not done. Starting on Monday, December 16, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy editors have lined up ten absolutely unbelievable items (really, you won’t believe how great they are!) for our big, blowout week-long Holiday Giveaway 2013. To be notified on when and how to enter to win these super-special gifts, sign up for our giveaway email today, and you won’t miss a single one.