10 Genius Ways to Use Popped Popcorn as an Ingredient
Eating a plain bag of popcorn by itself is a great way to snack. It’s also incredibly easy to dress up popcorn with spices, salt, and the fat of your choosing (coconut oil, yum). But if you want to push the boundaries of what those small, yet mighty kernels are capable of, step right up.
Have you tried popcorn in oatmeal? In cookies? On soup? Trust us — it may sound crazy, but popcorn goes way beyond the snack bowl, as these 10 fabulous ideas from food blogs can attest.
But first, you gotta make some. Pick a method and pop away:
1. Mix popcorn into your homemade granola bars – A Full Measure of Happiness
Popcorn in a granola bar is crunch at its finest.
2. Add popcorn to a batch of chocolate chip cookies – Love Lola
Popcorn, like chocolate, is basically heaven. Why shouldn’t you have both?
3. Use popcorn as a substitute for croutons in soup – Heartbeet Kitchen
Use a spiced popcorn recipe to crunch up a boring soup.
4. Top your morning bowl of oatmeal or porridge – The Whinery
This carb on carb action is almost too much to handle. In a good way.
5. Add popcorn to holiday chocolate bark – Just a Taste
Doesn’t chocolate bark look so much prettier with all that fun stuff on it?
Cold and sweet and salty and crunchy and perfect. Oh yes.
7. Stuff popcorn inside some chocolate truffles – Keepin’ It Kind
This is sneaky in the best way possible.
8. Sandwich it between pastry dough – Sugary & Buttery
For a kids birthday party, or your birthday party. I won’t judge.
9. Add some popcorn to your brownie – Eat the Love
You know what makes a chocolate brownie even better? By adding a thick layer of caramel popcorn on top of it, duh.
10. Adorn your favorite doughnuts with popcorn crumbs – Delicious And Michelle
Is this breakfast? A snack? A dessert? I don’t care. I want it.