10 Generous Food Gifts That Give Back
It’s always a lovely gesture to give a donation to charity for a holiday gift. But it does kind of take the fun out of having presents under the tree and something to unwrap on Christmas morning. Luckily, there are plenty of gifts that both give to your favorite charitable causes and have something tangible to give. Here are 10 of our favorites that we wouldn’t mind seeing under the tree. (Hint, hint!)
- Cookie of the Month Club, $130 from Cookies for Kids Cancer: This is the gift that keeps on giving. Not only will you get three months of delicious cookies, but 100 percent of the profits fund pediatric cancer research.
- 20-Piece Chocolates for a Cause, $55 from Compartes: These colorful chocolate caramels donate to Relief International in Darfur. Even better, you’ll get a handmade relief beads bracelet.
- Finnegans Irish Amber Ale, $9 from Surdyk’s: As part of their annual tradition, Finnegans asks beer distributors to match their donations during November and December. Beer and charity? We have yet to meet someone who wouldn’t be on board with that.
- Cabernet Sauvignon Gift Box, $69 from One Hope: Consider this a party in a box. With a bottle of wine, snacks, meat, and cheese, you’re all set for a night in. Plus, it helps fund therapy for kids with autism.
- Oliovera Gift Box, $36 from Oliovera: This gift set contains a sampling of the range of Oliovera’s olive oils and vinegars, and for every purchase, they donate 11 meals for hungry kids through Feeding America.
- Perfect 10 Tin, $26 from Milk Bar: Each purchase of these tins provides 10 meals for hungry kids around the world. It’s just one of the things that makes Karlie’s Kookies irresistible.
- Nixtamal Masa and Tortilla Making Kit, $100 from Hot Bread Kitchen: We fully believe in the mission of Hot Bread Kitchen, and can’t wait to be able to make their authentic tortillas at home.
- Gourmet Gift Basket, $45 from Women’s Bean Project: Filled with a mix of salsas, dips, and mixes, this gift is perfect for anyone who likes to entertain. Plus, you’ll be supporting women who are seeking independence through social enterprise.
- Sweet Home Classic Brownie & Cookie Set, $48 from Dancing Deer: Thirty-five percent of every purchase of a Sweet Home product from Dancing Deer goes to support One Family Inc, which aims to end homelessness one family at a time.
- Love Life Tea, $12 from Harney & Sons: A perfect gift for the tea-lover, this 20-sachet tin gives 50 percent of its sales to the Gay Men’s Health Crisis to help prevent HIV and AIDS.