If you tend to open your kitchen cabinets with a sense of trepidation because you're never sure what's going to fall out on your head or feet, it's time for an intervention.
Don't feel too bad: Kitchen cabinets can quickly turn into a messy black hole — a place where things go in and never seem to come out, unless they're avalanching. What can you do? Invest in some cabinet organizers. We've rounded up 10 of them that will make your kitchen (and your life) run more smoothly.
- Pull-Out Cabinet Organizer, $40 at SimpleHuman: SimpleHuman specializes in creating no-frills products that will make your life more organized, and this organizer is one of their best offerings. Crafted out of heavy-gauge stainless steel, it acts as a drawer within your cabinet, making it easy to access pantry items or cookware in deep cabinets.
- Variera Pot Lid Organizer, $6 at IKEA: If you're forever looking for the lid to the pot you're cooking with, you could definitely use this pot lid organizer. And at $6 a pop, buy two and use the other one to keep your baking sheets organized, too.
- Corner Kitchen Cabinet Rack, $20 at Wayfair: We all know that oddly shaped corner cabinets are where things go to die, but with this rack you can finally bring some semblance of order to them.
- Pantry Can Rack, $31 at Houzz: If you don't have a walk-in pantry (welcome to the club), your cabinets can get disorganized with all of your dry and canned goods. This guy will help make up the difference, holding up to 36 cans and making it easy to see what you have on hand.
- Over-the-Cabinet Hanging Basket, $25 at The Container Store: This over-the-cabinet basket takes advantage of the typically unused space on the back of your cabinet doors, allowing quick access to rolls of plastic wrap, aluminum foil, and sandwich bags.
- York Pantry Storage Basket, $13 at Organize-It: This basket also utilizes dead cabinet space by hanging from the top of a shelf, essentially creating bonus shelf space for shallow items.
- Rev-a-Shelf In-Cabinet Spice Rack, $74 at Lowe's: Condiments and spices tend to take up a ton of cabinet space, but this spice rack that's specifically made to hang from a cabinet door will keep your spices organized and easily in-reach, and it'll free up space on your shelves.
- Lynk Roll-Out Organizer, $59 at Sur la Table: This sliding organizer will keep your baking sheets, cutting boards, and other cookware neat and easily accessible, even in narrow cabinets.
- Seville Mini Basket Shelf Organizer, $25 at Target: Like a small baker's rack, this smart find features a top shelf as well as a sliding basket perfect for canned goods, spices, or cookbooks.
- Grayline Pot & Pan Organizer Rack, $8 at Bed, Bath & Beyond: This simple pot and pan organizer will hold up to four pots and pans. And it can be flipped to be stored vertically or horizontally, depending on the cabinet space you have available.