Savory and Sweet: 10 Fresh Ways to Use a Can of Pumpkin
Did you stock up on canned pumpkin before Thanksgiving? Did fears of a shortage leave you with a few extra cans? Whether it was all a marketing ploy or not, you can still put that pumpkin to good use. You surely know a few pumpkin dessert recipes, so why not try it in a main course, appetizer or a drink?
• 1 Pumpkin Polenta with Chorizo and Black Beans from Every Day with Rachael Ray – Warm and hearty, we’re making this with a chipotle vegetarian sausage tonight.
• 2 Pumpkin Marmalade from Better Homes & Gardens – Try adding it to your holiday cheese board.
• 3 Mini Pumpkin-Sage Balls from Vegetarian Times – We’re suckers for appetizers in mini or ball form.
• 4 Pumpkin Hummus from Slashfood – Healthy snacking in between holiday parties.
• 5 Savory Pumpkin Pizza Dough from The Cooking Photographer – Imagine the possibilities.
• 6 Emily’s Pumpkin Tortilla Soup – Satisfying and vegan!
• 7 DIY Jamba Juice Pumpkin Smash smoothie from Serious Eats – If you’re in the mood for a cool treat, this one won’t set you back quite as much as the original.
• 8 Pumpkin Soufflé with Parma Ham Chips from the James Beard Foundation – This one could be a showstopper.
• 9 Supper Casserole with Pumpkin & Green Chile Cornbread Topping from A Veggie Venture – Try it with ground beef, turkey or even elk!
• 10 Kathryn’s DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte (Just Like Starbucks!) – A very popular winter treat. Have you tried it?
Related: Five Ways to Eat: Pumpkin