We've finally reached the tipping point between yearning for the arrival of fresh green things and actually seeing them start to show up in stores. Asparagus! Spring arugula! Artichokes! Pea shoots, soon to be followed by actual peas! It's time to satisfy our cravings for all things crisp, fresh, and green, and here are 10 vegetarian pasta dishes that will surely do the job right.
One thing that I love about this time of year is that we have the option of lighter, veggie-filled dishes, like this Lemony Pesto Pasta and our Rapini With Orecchiette And White Beans, but you can also still get away with heartier fare, like Big-Hearted Macaroni and Cheese with Artichokes. Warm mac and cheese with some spring flavors sound perfect for these chilly spring nights.
Ingredients like feta, mint, and briny olives also go a long way toward making our pasta dishes feel brighter and more vibrant this time of year. The mint pesto in our Pasta with Mint Pesto, Peas, and Ricotta Salata will be just the ticket as we wait for the basil to start coming in. I also love the brightness that feta adds to dishes like the Edamame and Cauliflower Pasta Salad and the warm Velvety Broccoli and Feta Pasta.
Are you starting to see spring vegetables appear in your local market? Any great pasta dishes to share?
- 1 Lemony Pesto Pasta with Edamame & Almonds
- 2 Arugula with Orzo and Garden Tomatoes
- 3 Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, Spinach & Hazelnuts
- 4 Big-Hearted Macaroni and Cheese with Artichokes
- 5 Pasta with Mint Pesto, Peas, and Ricotta Salata
- 6 Rapini With Orecchiette And White Beans
- 7 Velvety Broccoli & Feta Pasta
- 8 Provencal Macaroni & Cheese
- 9 Edamame & Cauliflower Pasta Salad with Feta
- 10 Quick Pasta with Dried Morels and Fresh Ramps
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)