Whether you're already starting to plan your holiday shopping or you just want to buy something nice for someone, yay for you! And double yay if you pick up a gift that gives back. These edible treats help fund deserving charities, causes, and families in need.
- Market Membership, $60 at Thrive Market: If you have a loved one who loves getting deals on natural food, give them a year-long membership to Thrive Market. For each one sold, Thrive donates a membership to a low-income family.
- Savannah Bee Company Honey, $15 at BeeCause: Share this sweet honey and send 100 percent of the proceeds to a hive project at a school where kids can learn to care for and steward honey bees.
- Monthly Coffee Subscription, $24 per month at Three Avocados: Provide a jolly jolt with this coffee subscription and the company will send 100 percent of the profits towards clean drinking water projects in Uganda.
- Xoxoc Project Sampler, $24 at Rancho Gordo: Gift healthy comfort food with these rare heirloom beans from Mexico. Funds from each sampler sold help the growers continue to farm in the face of challenging trade policies.
- Assortment of Cookies, $35 at Give: Share two pounds of cookies — a mix of Stuffed Nocciola Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cookies N Cream, and Cornflake Cookies — and this nonprofit bakery will donate to a charity. Which one? You get to vote! At the end of the month, Give tallies up the votes and allocates its profits accordingly.
- Monthly Granola Bar Club, $21 per month at This Bar Saves Lives: Keep a loved one's snack drawer stocked all year long with this monthly subscription. For each granola bar purchased — in flavors like Wild Blueberry Pistachio, Dark Chocolate Cherry & Sea Salt, Madagascar Vanilla Almond & Honey, and Peanut Butter Strawberry & Sea Salt — the company will donate life-saving food to help malnourished kids around the world.
- Craft Wine Membership, from $100 per month for three bottles at Vinfluence: Toast that special someone in your life with the gift of artisanal wine from Vinfluence. Each month the bottles come from a featured winemaker and, for each bottle sold, Vinfluence will donate $1 to a charity like City Harvest, Sustainable Harvest International, or Fiver Children's Foundation.
- Top Sellers Pint Collection, $55 at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream: If you aren't yet lucky enough to have a local Jeni's Scoop Shop, you can still send her top-selling flavors anywhere in the country. Yay! Even better: This Certified B Corporation works directly with small growers and purveyors for all of their ingredients, and each pint you buy supports sustainable and fair-trade businesses around the world.
- Michigan ABC Pie, $27 at Traverse City Pie Company: Send a homemade pie without having to turn on the oven with the help of this Michigan bakery. The company is known for delicious pies, yes, but also for giving back to the kids in their community through a variety of initiatives.
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, $13 at Askinosie Chocolate: Buy this addictive spread (or anything on the site) for a friend and the company will share the profits with all of its employees — from their Missouri-based factory, all the way back to the cocoa farmers. (We also highly recommend the Month Supply of Dark Chocolate.)