10 Fancy Crackers to Jazz Up Your Soup
If you’re a soup fanatic, then you know that the right cracker can transform a bowl of soup, adding flavor and seasoning as well as texture. Some pairings are practically iconic. What would clam chowder be without a few oyster crackers folded in? Or chicken noodle soup without crushed saltines sprinkled on top?
But while we love oysters crackers and saltines — we really do! — sometimes it’s worth splurging on a truly exceptional cracker to bring added dimension to your meal. Whether you’re looking to jazz up a can of soup or want to accent the stew you’ve been simmering all day in the slow cooker, we’ve got the perfect fancy soup cracker for you.
- Savory Three-Cheese Coins, $6.95 from Rustic Bakery: If you crave grilled cheese with your tomato soup, these handmade cheese rounds are a must have. Float a few in your next bowl and you’ll see what we mean.
- Jalapeño Cheese Straws, $6.40 from J&M Foods: The bits of pepper in these cheese straws will give a spicy kick to your favorite chili.
- Herb Garden Crackers, $7.00 from Roots & Branches: A few of these herby crackers mixed into your vegetable soup will wake your tastebuds up.
- Garlic Crostini, $2.99 from the Di Bruno Brothers: Add a garlicky zing to your next cup of red lentil soup.
- Aged Parmesan Crisps, $4.99 from the Kitchen Table: A cracker made entirely of cheese? Bring it on. We like these salty aged Parmesan crisps sprinkled into Italian wedding soup.
- Sea Salt Crackers, $6.95 from Stonewall Kitchen: We reach for these classic-tasting crackers to add to a comforting bowl of cream of chicken soup. Or chicken noodle soup. Or lemon orzo chicken soup. Honestly, any chicken-based soup or stew will do!
- Caramelized Onion Crackers, $6.00 from Potter’s Crackers: These artisanal crackers are an onion-lover’s dream. Crumble a few into a hearty beef stew and let the flavors meld. They’re also available in California olive, roasted garlic, rosemary, and classic white varieties.
- Rosemarry Me and Olive Oil, $3.50 from Way Better Snacks: Impart a subtle, earthy rosemary kiss to your next bowl of Minnesota wild rice and mushroom soup.
- Z Crackers Sea Salt and Olive Oil Crackers, $6.99 from Murray’s: These cult-favorite crackers are made in Brooklyn, NY. A few of these jagged crackers will add some enticing texture to a smooth bowl of curried cauliflower soup.
- Firehook Baked Spicy Sesame Crackers, $6.50 from Relay Foods: Crumble some of these into a bowl of roasted broccoli cheddar soup to add tingly cayenne pepper heat.