10 Essential Kitchen Tools to Gift Now and Use Forever
When it comes to buying gifts for a cook, you can never go wrong with kitchen classics. For cooks of all experience levels, beautiful, useful, long-lasting kitchen tools are always a good idea. From a gorgeous salt cellar to a classic Staub Dutch oven, here are 10 picks guaranteed to make your cook a very happy cook indeed!
- Baking Steel, $79 from Baking Steel: A weighty (haha) replacement for the pizza or baking stone, the steel will never crack and makes a simply superior home-baked pizza.
- Mauviel Copper Beating Bowl, $75 – $140 from Williams-Sonoma: An old-school classic, and a luxury that will last forever.
- Chamba Clay Casserole, $89.95 from Toque Blanche: This clay cookware, made in Colombia, has an earthy beauty and is the secret to a perfect pot of beans.
- Lodge Reversible Griddle, $22 from Amazon: A good cook probably already has a cast iron skillet, but what about this endlessly useful and versatile griddle?
- Sora Paring Knife, $50 from Shun: It might be bad luck to gift knives, but giving a gift certificate for a knife is fine in our book. Your friend or family member might already have a chef’s knife, so gift them the second-most important tool: a good paring knife!
- Staub 4-Quart Shallow Cocotte, $150 from Zwilling J.A. Henckels: Everyone needs at least one beautiful Dutch oven. Maybe this is the year you make someone happy forever with this classic from Staub.
- End-Grain Chopping Board, $49.95 from Crate & Barrel: Not every cook has a cutting board that is beautiful as well as functional. This is a gorgeous but hard-working board with raised feet to keep it stable, and a good size.
- OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Food Scale, $49.95 from Amazon: This easy-to-clean and -use scale is an invaluable part of the kitchen.
- Chubo Kitchen Shears, $60 from Chubo: Kitchen shears that not only look gorgeous and feel great in your hand, but can also spatchcock a chicken in seconds.
- Claro Walnut Salt Cellar, $68 from Cattails Woodwork: A beautiful, well-made salt cellar will last for years and get a ton of use.