10 Fleur-de-Lis Finds to Make Your Kitchen Feel More French
The fleur-de-lis symbol has been used for centuries in royal coats of arms, ancient architecture, flags, and more. Go to Europe and you’ll spy them all over the place (especially in France and Florence). It’s even an adopted symbol of New Orleans, a city majorly influenced by French culture.
Add some fleur-de-lis into your kitchen and you may think you’re in Provence and not Poughkeepsie. How Julia Child of you!
- Fleur-de-Lis Mugs, $25 at Houzz: Make your morning coffee more majestic with these colorful mugs.
- Bamboo Fleur-de-Lis Serving Board, $20 at Bed, Bath & Beyond: Gourmet cheese can cost almost as much as the crown jewels, so it makes sense that you would serve it to guests on a very regal serving board.
- Fleur-de-Lys Bundt Pan, $36 at Williams-Sonoma: Marie Antoinette famously said, “Let them eat cake!” Take her statement at face value (and not how she actually meant it) and make a fleur-de-lis cake with this Bundt pan.
- Fleur-de-Lis Platter, $45 at Wayfair: This glazed terra-cotta platter — embossed with tiny fleur-de-lis — will jazz up any dinner party you’re hosting.
- Fleur-de-Lis Embossing Rolling Pin, $33 at ValekRollingPins: This rolling pin is engraved with tons of fleur-de-lis symbols, allowing you to emboss any sweet treats you whip up.
- Fleur-de-Lis Cloth Napkins, $38 for set of 2 at Wayfair: These napkins look about 100 times more special than paper towels, right?
- Tuscany Fleur-de-Lis Canisters, $70: Keep your baking staples (flour, sugar, and the like) decked out in fleur-de-lis by storing them in these hand-painted canisters.
- Fleur-de-Lis Serving Bowl, $35: Whether you’re serving salad or pasta (we hope it’s pasta), this oversized ceramic serving bowl is guaranteed to look great on your table.
- Fleur-de-Lis Appetizer Picks, $9 at Walmart: These stainless steel and pewter appetizer picks will brighten up any cocktail party you’re throwing.
- Fleur-de-Lys Tumblers, $10 each at Anthropologie: These glass fleur-de-lis tumblers are available in five colors and are deserving of any cocktail.