10 Easy (Non-Cheesy) Ways to Dress Up Your Porch for Halloween
I love a good Halloween decoration almost as much as a Christmas decoration. The only problem? So many of them are just so darn cheesy. Sorry, but I don’t really want to display a giant inflatable mummy. Ditto for a skeleton of a dead dog. Luckily, there are some pretty cute decorations that are still festive and sure to set the mood for trick-or-treaters.
Check out these 10 fun finds.
- Natural Coir Black Crow Doormat, $28 at Bambeco: Those willing to cross this crow (and ring your doorbell) will be in for a sweet reward (in the form of candy!).
- Spooktacular Garland Kit, $13 at Paper Source: I’m big on surprising colors for Halloween and I especially love this banner, featuring oh-so-trendy mint green. Plus, this is basically the easiest DIY project ever.
- Lit Bat Wings, $59 at Pottery Barn: Go a little batty with this battery-powered marquee-style light. Hang it on your door or use fishing line to seemingly suspend it in mid-air.
- Polka Dot Pumpkin, $40 at Grandin Road: Unlike the pumpkins you buy at the grocery store, this nine-inch, polyresin option will last through the year — and all the years after.
- Halloween Twig Wreath, $20 at Target: Who says wreaths are just for Christmas? This one is eerie yet classy at the same time.
- Boo LED Halloween Decor, $32 at Wayfair: No one will boo you for putting out this galvanized metal sign.
- Black Cat Burlap Pillow, $15 at Vine and Country: If you’ve got a covered porch with a rocking chair, you need this pillow. The burlap is perfect for fall and the hand-drawn cat is the right mix of cute and creepy.
- Bloody Edison Bulb Set, $12 at Big Lots: Edison bulbs can be spooky on their own, but add this faux dripping blood, and this string of lights is just the thing to set the mood.
- Large Glass Pumpkin Jar and Cover, $15 at Oneida: Depending on how many trick-or-treaters you get, this jar won’t hold enough candy for everyone. But you can always replenish it as the night goes on. Or fill it with some battery-powered lights and set it on a cafe table.
- Bug and Skull Flameless LED Pillar Candles, $24 for three at World Market: Skip the jack-‘o-lanterns and let these candles guide the way up the steps to your front door.