12 Easy Holiday Cocktails & Drinks to Try This Year
Planning a party this weekend? Whether you’re hosting a holiday dinner or simply a brunch devoted to warming up with friends as winter sets in, a cocktail is always welcome. From breakfast sangria to a rye and honey pitcher cocktail, here are 10 cocktails designed for big batches and a thirsty crowd.
12 Pitcher Drinks & Cocktails for a Crowd
- Cranberry Pitcher Margaritas – This winter-friendly twist on classic margaritas swaps in some of the lime juice for tart, ruby-hued cranberry juice.
- 4-Ingredient Pitcher Drink Recipe: Sparkling White Peach Sangria – Fresh peaches are decidedly not in season, but I discovered this drink is just as good made with frozen fruit. A little slice of summer in winter.
- Blood Orange Mimosa Pitcher Cocktail – Blood oranges are coming into season just about now so it’s definitely worth taking advantage of them.
- Breakfast Sangria – An ultra-simple sangria full of winter citrus.
- Sparkling White Cranberry Sangria – A make-ahead crowd favorite.
- 4-Ingredient Cocktail Recipe: Cranberry & St. Germain Pitcher Sparkler – Make this now, and make it again for the Oscars. Festive!
- Pitcher Drink Recipe: Spiced Rye & Honey Cocktail – My own personal favorite out of all the cocktails we published this past year. A spiced honey syrup is mixed up with rye and citrus. It’s make-ahead and a total winner.
- How To Make Red Wine Sangria – A classic for a reason.
- Cajun Lemonade – A drink with a kick! Easily batched up for a crowd.
- Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria – Apple cider is a treat all through the winter.
- Peach Lambic & Rye Sangria – A great one for the beer-lovers!
- Campari & IPA Spritzer – Another beer based drink — just two ingredients, and a great complement to cheesy dips and fried appetizers.