10 Dish Soaps That Smell Clean and Happy
The primary task for dish soap is — and always will be — to cut grease and get your dishes clean as quickly as possible. That said, it wouldn’t hurt for said soap to also smell good, right? Right.
That’s why we’ve rounded up 10 dish soaps that will be tough on grease while making your kitchen — and hands — smell wonderful in the process. Pick up one of these and you might not mind spending time doing the dishes after all.
- Dawn Orange Dish Soap, $9: This hard-working soap has the power that we’ve come to expect from Dawn, and smells like fresh-squeezed oranges.
- Basil Blue Sage Dish Soap, $9 at Caldrea: Not only does this soap smell amazingly weird, but it also features a natural degreaser and aloe vera to keep your hands soft.
- Coconut Dish Soap, $5 at JR Watkins: Minnesota-based JR Watkins has been making soap since the 1800s, but the scents on offer are decidedly modern, like this coconut soap that’ll make you feel like you’re on the beach. You know, instead of standing in your kitchen doing dishes.
- Cucina Coriander & Olive Dish Soap, $11: Keep your kitchen authentically Italian with this coriander and olive soap.
- Pumpkin Spice Dish Soap, $13 at Sur la Table: The joke is that there’s pumpkin spice everything nowadays, and this soap is proof. Keep this in your kitchen year-round.
- Rosemary Dish Soap, $4 at Mrs. Meyer’s: Mrs. Meyer’s is a mainstay in all hipster homes, so you might be surprised to find it’s so affordable. Made of natural ingredients, this soap smells like rosemary, cleans dishes in a snap, and is easy on the environment.
- Lime & Sea Salt Dish Soap, $4 at Method Home: Method bottles always look good on your sink, and this electric green soap is no exception. Plus the lime and sea salt scent will make you feel like it’s time for a margarita.
- French Lavender Dish Soap, $13 at Williams-Sonoma: Crafted with Provencal lavender oil, this dish soap will have you believing you’re frolicking in a field. And who doesn’t love a good frolic?
- Lemon Verbena Dish Soap, $4 at Honest Co.: The Honest Co. is known for making high-end, eco-friendly cleaning products, and the lemon verbena dish soap is one of their best offerings.
- Crisp Orchard Burst, $7: Another trusty household name, Palmolive will get the job done and it’ll look (radioactive green!) and smell great while doing it.