10 Dish Drying Racks That Are Better than a Tea Towel
Whether or not you have a dishwasher (you lucky ducks, those of you who do!), you still need a handy dish rack. Why? What if you just have a few things to wash and you need them sooner rather than later? What about those precious items that can’t go in the dishwasher? Or again, what if you don’t have a dishwasher? No matter what, precariously stacking dishes and knives on a tea towel just won’t cut it.
Instead, consider pick up one of these dish racks. They’re all so pretty, you won’t mind leaving them out on your counter — with or without dishes.
- Aqua Dish Rack, $15 at World Market: With its simple and sweet design, this little option has room for eight full-sized dinner plates and features a basket for utensils.
- Gold Dish Rack, $50 at CB2: This wall-mounted piece hits the gold standard when it comes to drying racks, literally. Your freshly washed dishes will shine just a bit brighter while sitting on this rack.
- Slat Drying Rack, $5 at The Container Store: Less is more — a whole lot more chic with this modern bamboo and chrome drying rack, which lets plenty of air circulate around dishes as they dry.
- Grundtal, $27 at IKEA: Hang this rack over the sink and the water will drip right into it. Or if that’s not an option, the removable bottom tray can catch any excess water.
- Bamboo Stack Dish Rack, $30 at Bed Bath & Beyond: Thanks to this rack’s double-decker design, you can stash cups and utensils on the bottom and bigger plates and bowls on the top.
- Yellow Corkscrew Dish Rack, $40 at Crate & Barrel: A drying rack has never made us want to do the dishes more than this sunny yellow version. It’s got plenty of storage space, plus a pour spout to catch and drain drips into the sink.
- Copper Wire Kitchen Foldable Dish Rack, $39 at West Elm: Have you wished a dish rack could look as good as, say, your coffee table? Behold the coolest rack in town. This copper foldable rack hits all the marks.
- Boon Lawn Drying Rack, $25 at Target: You may have seen the green version of this drying rack at various baby showers. New moms love this thing for its ability to dry a lot of little pieces at once. You’ll love this more sophisticated clear version for the same reason.
- Stainless Steel Drying Rack, $70 at Williams-Sonoma. The Cadillac of drying racks, this piece cuts no corners. It has 10 plate slots, five cup hangers, a three-compartment flatware caddy and a seven-slot bamboo cutlery holder to protect knives as they dry.
- Compact Dish Rack, $30 at The Container Store: Ideal for tiny kitchens, this compact rack may look small, but it sure is mighty when it comes to standing up to the drama of your dishes.