10 Design-Friendly Toasters You’ll Be Happy to Have on Your Counter
Ah, the toaster. It’s likely one of those appliances that you keep on your counter even if you have limited counter space. (Who has time to wait for it to cool and then put it away every morning?) But sadly, toaster design has languished in the ho-hum to decidedly ugly category for a long time.
No longer! Here are 10 of our favorite design-minded toasters for all styles. Yes, we’ve even included a patterned toaster for the truly adventurous among us. Now, go make some toast.
- Magimix Colored Vision Toaster, $200 from Williams-Sonoma: Never burn your toast again. Keep an eye on it and watch how dark it gets while it toasts.
- KitchenAid Pro Line 2-Slice Toaster, $300 from Williams-Sonoma: The beauty of this toaster is that it will match the design of your stand mixer perfectly.
- Bodum Bistro Toaster, $61 from Amazon: Love color in the kitchen? This is the toaster for you. Bodum always has the standards, and occasionally, a few seasonal colors.
- 2-Slice Genuine Pyramid Toaster, $75 from All Modern: Okay, this is technically a camping toaster, but we imagine it would work equally well in a fireplace (if you’re lucky enough to have one) or over the grill.
- Smeg 4-Slice Toaster, $190 from West Elm: If you can’t quite afford to upgrade to the Smeg refrigerator, start by upgrading your toaster. We’re partial to the pastel blue one.
- Dualit Combi 2 + 1 Toaster, $430 from MoMA Store: Yes, it’s a $400+ toaster, but it’s the only one we’ve seen where you can do just a single piece of toast at a time.
- Dualit Lite Black 2-Slice Soft Touch Toaster, $90 from Sur la Table: The affordable end of the Dualit line of toasters, this simple 2-slice with a retro design makes amazingly crisp toast.
- Cuisinart Classic 4-Slice Toaster, $70 from Crate & Barrel: You can’t go wrong with a chrome toaster. Just be prepared to wipe off fingerprints.
- Breville The Bit More 2-Slice Toaster, $78 from Amazon: Another classic design! Our favorite thing about this toaster is the simple design of the controls and the “bit more” button which gives you a few moments more of toasting if it isn’t quite dark enough.
- Oster French Bull 2-Slice Toaster, $47 from Amazon: Yes, this pattern is a bold move on a toaster, but we’re on board.