9 Decorated Refrigerators We’re Kind of in Love With
Let’s face it — appliances can be boring. Yes, white ones are classic and stainless steel ones are sleek, but they don’t show a lot of personality. Luckily your appliances — especially your fridge — are prime candidates for a makeover.
Whether you want to camouflage an old fridge from a previous tenant or just spruce up your kitchen with a bold pattern, here are 10 show-stopping options.
- Kilim Inspired Design – Design*Sponge: We love this project, and it couldn’t be easier to accomplish. All you need is some tape in a contrasting color and the patience to measure everything out carefully.
- Orla Kiley Wallpaper – The Kitchn: We’ve shown you this brightly wallpapered refrigerator from Casa Pinka before, but it was too good not to revisit.
- Black & White Stripes – Kate’s Design Space: If you want to use tape to decorate, but don’t feel like you’re quite up to the challenge of a pattern, opt for simple stripes. All it takes is a little measuring to get everything even.
- Honeycomb Wallpaper – Aunt Peaches: Maybe if vintage refrigerators looked more like this mod patterned one (instead of shades of avocado green) we’d see more of them still in use today!
- Paneled Fridge – Hometalk: How do you make your fridge look like a built-in? By adding faux wood paneling and some fancy hardware.
- Painted Fridge – Cozy Crooked Cottage: If you just want to give your fridge a little color, all you need is a gallon of paint. Now the only challenge is choosing the color!
- Gold Stripes – The Everygirl: For a slightly more glam take on stripes, try using gold tape instead. We also think this would look stunning on a black fridge.
- Scalloped Contact Paper – Apartment Therapy: All it took was some contact paper to create this beautifully patterned refrigerator. Even though it’s bold, it’s not an overwhelming pattern so it fits in with the varied decor.
- Chalkboard Paint – The Kurtz Corner: You knew we couldn’t make it through this list without at least one nod to chalkboard paint. Just imagine how much more fun it would be to write your grocery list on this refrigerator.