10 Colorful Storage Containers for Leftovers
We love leftovers. They make great breakfasts (just add eggs!), lunches (provided your office has a moderately clean microwave), or dinner (no changes necessary!). The question then just becomes: What do you store them in?
In hopes of creating a happy, cheerful kitchen, here are 10 bright and colorful storage containers for leftovers of all shapes and sizes.
- 4-Cup Glass Storage with Silicone Sleeve, $20 from Lifefactory: Butterfingers, this is the container for you. No more crying over spilled leftovers.
- Ceramic Food Storage Bowl Set, $34 for four from Urban Outfitters: We’re suckers for pretty patterns, and these containers will make you the envy of the office break room.
- Glass Containers with Blue Lids, $11 to $12 each from Container Store: These containers come in multiple colors, so you can use them to color code by day of the week, or which child gets which container in their lunch bag.
- FESTMÅLTID Container, $5 from IKEA: If you want to pre-portion your leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch, this is just the container to use. Plus it’s cheap enough that you can buy multiples.
- Prepworks Collapsible Storage Bowls, $15 for 3 from Bed Bath & Beyond: These colorful silicone containers are ideal for brown-bagging it. Once your lunch is gone, they collapse for easy storage in your tote or handbag.
- Joseph Joseph 12-Piece Storage Set, $35 from Crate & Barrel: This set wins for most colors, and most space-saving. Although you’ll probably always be using at least two or three pieces out of the set at any given time.
- Pyrex Simply Store Containers, $25 for 10 from Wayfair: You can’t go wrong with Pyrex. Unless, of course, you choose plain containers instead of these fun polka-dotted ones.
- frego Glass & Silicone Containers, $13 from Container Store: Our favorite thing about this silicone-covered container? It’s microwave-safe, but the silicone stays cooler than the glass, meaning you won’t hurt your hands grabbing it once the bell dings.
- Mini Bowl Lock & Lock Containers, $26 for 24 from Wayfair: Don’t discount just how important mini storage containers can be. We’d bet that these will soon be indispensable in your kitchen.
- 16-oz Bowls with Yellow Lids, $20 from Crate & Barrel: Not only are these bowls perfect for leftovers, they are also ideal for prepping a mise en place in advance of dinnertime.