10 Clever DIY Wine Bottle Stoppers
If you’re looking to up your game on your standard hostess gift, bring along a little something extra with that bottle of red.
A DIY wine stopper is one of the easiest and most impressive gifts you can bring along. In fact, once you master the technique the sky is the limit in terms of what you can pop on the top. Here are 10 of our favorite DIY ideas.
- Wooden Geometric Wine Stopper at The Merry Thought: You can stain this simple stopper any color you like, or go classic with a deep wood grain for fall.
- Crystal Bottle Stoppers at Camille Styles: These DIY crystal stoppers make a luxe addition to any bar cart.
- Toy Car Bottle Stoppers at Grown-Up Shoes: If you have a child of a certain age, chances are you have plenty of cars around your home. Put a few of them to use for more grown up purposes.
- Trophy Wine Stoppers at Country Living: Another way to put some of that childhood memorabilia to good use. Make these from your old sports trophies or scour thrift stores for vintage ones.
- Snowy Trees Stoppers at Oh So Beautiful Paper: No, it’s not quite time to be thinking about snow, but these mini tree stoppers will make great holiday hostess gifts.
- Spool of Thread Stoppers at A Beautiful Mess: We think these stoppers would be the perfect gift for a friend who loves wine just as much as she loves to sew.
- Equestrian Inspired Bottle Stoppers at Horses & Heels: Themed goods always win a place in our hearts, and these equestrian corks are no exception. If you don’t want to use real glitter, opt for glitter spray paint instead.
- Countdown Stopper at Confetti Pop: No matter what you’re counting down to, this bottle stopper will make it feel more festive. You can also use initials, or the year if you’re doing holiday or New Year’s party favors.
- Doorknob Stoppers at Crafts a la Mode: Of course door knobs or drawer pulls are a no brainer when it comes to making beautiful bottle stoppers.
- Glitter Bottle Stoppers at Something Turquoise: Finally, for something more low profile, try these glitter topped corks. All it takes is a little bit of Mod Podge!