10 Finds That Will Make Spring Cleaning Easier
We hate telling you that you have to run out to buy specific items in order to clean your kitchen, because the truth is that you don’t. You can certainly clean your kitchen with whatever you happen to have on hand. Paper towels? Fine. That random bottle of spray stuff your mom got you because it was on sale? Also fine. It’s just that these 10 tools will help make any cleaning task easier. And don’t we all want things to be easier?
- Candy Dot Kitchen Towels, $8 for two at Built NY: Microfiber cloths are pretty hard to top when it comes to cleaning and disinfecting. While there are a ton on the market, we’re partial to these fun polka-dot ones.
- WaterBlock Gloves, $14 for two at Casabella: Whether you’re washing one dish or 100, we always recommend pulling on a pair of gloves. These happen to be tapered and doubled-cuffed to really keep water out.
- Mint Retro Metal Smiley Dustpan, $15 at World Market: This smiley dustpan is almost guaranteed to turn any frown upside down. See, you’ve got a silly grin already!
- Spaghetti Scrubs, $14 for two: You technically don’t even need to use soap with these scrubbers. And they scour without scratching.
- Distilled White Vinegar, $3 for 128 ounces at Target: Is there anything distilled white vinegar can’t tackle? Buy a big container for your spring cleaning jobs and make sure you always have some on hand the rest of the year.
- 16-Ounce Cobalt Blue Glass Spray Bottle, $8: Use the vinegar from above to make your own cleaning solution and store it in this pretty glass bottle.
- 2-in-1 Microfiber Mop, $25 at Full Circle Home: You already know we love microfiber cloths. Because we don’t want you crawling around on the floor on your hands and knees, we suggest this wet/dry mop.
- Butcher Block Conditioner, $9 for 12 ounces: Now is the time to give a little TLC to your wooden cutting boards and salad bowls — especially if they’ve been neglected the rest of the year.
- Basil Automatic Dish Packs, $8 for 20 at Mrs. Meyers: These dish packs will get your dishes clean and make your whole kitchen smell like basil.
- Lemons: Buy lemons at the supermarket. Every time you go. Why? They can clean your microwave, copper pots, garbage disposal, and so much more.