10 Beautiful Bowls Any Cook Would Love
We all have that one person on our shopping list — the cook or host who seems to have everything. Well, there is an easy pleaser for all of these well-stocked folks: One big beautiful bowl.
Everyone can use just one more lovely serving bowl. From holding fruit to serving salads, pastas, vegetables, and other main dishes, a beautiful bowl will never go unused. It really is a no-fail gift. Here are ten examples that made us swoon. Any one of them would find a warm welcome in our kitchens!
- 1 Dansk Wood Classics 10″ Tulip Salad Bowl, $49.95 from All Modern: A wonderful acacia wood salad bowl — thick, sturdy, and very pretty in person.
- 2 12″ Bowl Cherry, Sage and White Crossed Bowl, $75 from Wind & Willow Home: The cross-cross colors on this cherry wood bowl are an unusual but lovely touch.
- 3 Shallow Salad Bowl, $129 from Heath Ceramics: A classic. Wide and shallow, we love this bowl for salads and pasta. And the turquoise color is simply stunning!
- 4 Wedgewood Renaissance Gold Serving Bowl, $180 from Williams-Sonoma: Simply elegant!
- 5 Splash Print Salad Bowl, £43.50 from Liberty London: Splish-splash, this bowl is awesome. We love the color combination.
- 6 Stratford Serve Bowl, 39.95 from Anthropologie: The inside of this bowl looks like intricately carved glass (so pretty), while the gray color is a great neutral for the table.
- 7 Mauviel M’passion 7.4 qt Copper Beating Bowl, $190 from Mauviel USA: A large copper bowl so you can beat eggs Julia Child-style.
- 8 L’Object Fortuny Papiro Large Blue Bowl, $275 from Gumps: This is the bowl for when you really want a glam showstopper on the table. Rich colors in a 24-carat gold gilded pattern? Check.
- 9 Iittala Taika Blue Serving Bowl, $100 from FinnStyle: A whimsical, wintry design. Would look amazing with gold accents on the table.
- 10 Square Handle Basket, $108 from Pigeon Toe Ceramics: When simple is best, this bowl is all you need.
This year, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy aren’t just sharing great ideas in our gift guides, we’re giving away $1,000 to help one lucky reader purchase presents for their friends and family! Through Friday, December 13th, we’ll publish new gift guides each day on both sites while collecting entries in the sweepstakes. (See Official Rules for details. One entry per reader, please.) Enter below for a chance to receive a bit of extra help from us this holiday season — we want it to be your best and brightest yet!
And we’re not done. Starting on Monday, December 16, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy editors have lined up ten absolutely unbelievable items (really, you won’t believe how great they are!) for our big, blowout week-long Holiday Giveaway 2013. To be notified on when and how to enter to win these super-special gifts, sign up for our giveaway email today, and you won’t miss a single one.