There's something lovely about having a wedding in your own back yard. If you have a large enough space or a small enough guest list, you can host a party that won't be forgotten anytime soon.
These 10 backyard weddings are some of our favorites. They cover the range of styles and sizes, but they all make great use of the spaces available.
- Rustic Yet Glam - Wedding Chicks: This simple and beautiful wedding played up the backyard appeal with rustic tables, but still had plenty of polished elements.
- Floral Emphasis - Ruffled Blog: The flowers took center stage (after the bride, of course) at this outdoor Utah wedding.
- Vintage Casual - Rustic Wedding Chic: This Tennessee wedding had plenty of vintage elements, like the beautiful window at the altar. And because it was at someone's home, there were more casual elements involved as well.
- Simple Elegance - The Knot: This simple outdoor wedding had lovely floral details; an all-around classic affair.
- Seaside at Sunset - Intimate Weddings: This California wedding had just 40 guests, but keeping it small enabled them to have the celebration at home overlooking the ocean.
- Lush Greenery - Style Me Pretty: This backyard Chesapeake wedding made use of mostly greenery in the floral details. We love that the ceremony was overlooking a backyard pond.
- Intimate & Eclectic - Intimate Weddings: This small, 12-person wedding was the perfect size for the bride and groom. Our favorite detail? The vintage tandem bike they rode away on.
- Country Styled - Wedding Chicks: When throwing a backyard wedding in Tennessee, hay bales are completely appropriate. We love the rustic country details.
- East Coast Vintage - Green Wedding Shoes: This lush Pennsylvania wedding had a perfect mix of old and new. We were big fans of the illustrated menus as well.
- Elegant Affair - Style Me Pretty: This Sacramento wedding made use of the local greenery and included olive leaves as part of the decor and on the cake.