Yesterday we featured a cake that's light on prep work, but today we're going all out and rounding up 10 baked goods that are easy on ingredients and your waistline. There's breads, muffins, pastries and best of all — they're low on sugar and fat!
First Row, Left To Right
• Goat Cheese and Grape Galettes: These galettes are packed with notes of both sweet and savory.
• Recipe: Hearty & Healthy Apple Muffins: Packed with whole grain goodness and a bit of sweet!
• Baked Apples with Cranberry Sauce: Just because Thanksgiving is gone, doesn't mean we can't still enjoy this dish for a few more months.
• Blueberry-Oat Quick Bread: There's no added oil or fat in this recipe and it's packed with fruit and oats!
• Bruised Apricot Breakfast Pie: There's very little added sugar to this tasty breakfast treat. Who says pie has to be bad for you?
Second Row, Left To Right
• Yogurt Biscuits with Dill: The fat and liquid in this dough is yogurt and Smart Balance, it puffs them high and won't leave you feeling heavy afterward.
• Ginger Applesauce Cake: This recipe is low on sugar and high on yummy add ins. Perfect for breakfast or mid-day snack.
• Whole Wheat Raisin English Muffins: This morning treat is sure to make your tastebuds sing!
• Persimmon Oat Muffins: This recipe calls for soy milk and oats and packs a serious flavor punch!
• Oatmeal Toasting Bread: An everyday bread that is packed with oats and isn't a challenge to make!
• Related: Five Ways to Eat: Oats
(Images: As Linked Above)