When we first used our Microplane zester it was love at first sight. It's amazing just how much more you want to add zest to everything once you get your hands on the perfect zester. Of course, everyone looks for something different in a zester — so we found five practical, classic zesters that have stood the test of time.
• Zyliss® Zester, $8.00 at Sur la Table: What makes this zester a bit different from the others is the ergonomic, balloon-shaped handle. This balloon shaped handle allows for a better grip while zesting citrus so the zester doesn't slip out of your hand.
• Microplane® Grater-Zester, $15.95 at Crate and Barrel: Hands down, all time favorite zester anyone could own (well, in our opinion!). There's no other zester for our kitchen due to the absolute efficiency and ease that comes with this zester. The handle is extremely easy and comfortable to hold and you'll be amazed at just how little work you actually have to do to get a ton of zest. It was honestly love at first zest. Plus, it works great for grating cheese too!
• Oxo Good Grips Lemon Zester, $7.99 at Amazon: This zester is smaller than most zesters on the market but offers a larger non slip handle.
• Microplane Fine Grater, $13.27 at Amazon: This isn't initially marketed as a citrus zester, but it can be used for that! While it works really great for grating garlic, onion and ginger — lets be honest, these things work great for just about everything.
• Citrus Zester, $16.00 at Williams Sonoma: This zester is a bit old fashioned and that's exactly what we like about it. Features a black composite handle that is super comfortable.
What's your favorite zester?
Related: OCD Chef Board & Yumbots: 5 Fun Things from FRED
(Images: Sur la Table, Crate and Barrel, Amazon, Williams Sonoma)