Repeat after me: "No more boring lettuce salads." This summer, let's challenge ourselves to go beyond our usual plates of mixed greens. Pick up some greens at the farmers market that you've never tried before. Swap your usual vinaigrette for something with some real pizzazz. Maybe even give those greens a quick sauté on the stovetop — warm lettuce salad? Why not!
Here is our guide to eating your greens this summer, including five new recipes that we can't wait for you to try.
Lettuce Recipes to Make Right Now
Your Guide to Summer Greens and Lettuces
What You Need to Know About Greens
- We Tried 3 Ways to Store Salad Greens, and Here's the Winner!
- How To Wash Lettuce
- Can You Really Use a Pillowcase to Dry Lettuce?
- The Best Way to Keep Greens Fresh? The Bath Towel Method
- Revive Limp Lettuce with Lemon Juice
- Why Salad Greens Wilt
- No-Waste Tip: Sauté the Last of the Salad Greens
Discover a New Green for Your Salads
- Little Gems Lettuce
- Miner's Lettuce
- Butter Lettuce
- Black Lettuce
- Romaine Lettuce
- Heirloom Lettuce
- Castelfranco Radicchio
Level-Up Your Salad Game
- 19 Important Tips for Truly Tremendous Salads
- How To Make the Perfect Simple Salad
- Salad Swag: 3 Cures for the Common Salad
- Tips for Making a Better Chopped Salad
- 6 Salad Dressings to Know by Heart